The School Governance service in Dudley has an established reputation for providing quality support and guidance to Schools, Nurseries, Academies and their Governing /Trust Boards. The School Governance team works closely with Headteachers, Trustees and Governing Boards to ensure they meet their statutory duties and strengthen their leadership and management roles.
Our services include, but is not limited to:
A helpline which offers free advice including constitutional and statutory aspects of school governance;
A wide variety of centrally delivered governor training sessions and bespoke packages and the option to add on-line training from Modern Governor;
A high quality clerking and admin support, which includes:
- a dedicated experienced administrator to ensure the admin process runs smoothly;
- an experienced clerk;
- the calling of governing body meetings;
- production of minutes;
- advice and guidance on the conduct of meetings and other governance matters; this includes maintaining a register of governors' attendance at meetings and managing the process of governor appointments and resignations;
- Access to GovernorHub.
To ensure the service is as effective as possible we provide:
- termly briefing for clerks to develop their expertise in any particular items for each termly agenda;
- a suggested termly agenda;
- briefing papers to guide and inform discussion at meetings;
- quality assurance of processes and procedures;
- a support service to respond to queries raised at meetings.
To ensure that governance is effective as possible we offer:
- a termly chairs and vice-chairs briefing session to highlight the aspects of the forthcoming agenda;
- a termly chairs and vice-chairs network session to share good practice;
- training for chairs;
- induction training for new governors;
- support governors to develop an action plan for improving effectiveness;
- guidance with aspects of appointing a new Headteacher;
- and many more training sessions.